Are you looking for a way to create a healthier, more beautiful outdoor environment for your home or business? You could spend time and effort scrubbing surfaces by hand – or you could hire a professional to power wash everything from the roof to the siding to the driveway in one fell swoop. Which sounds like the better choice to you?
What is Power Washing?
Also known as pressure washing, power washing is an effective method of cleaning a wide variety of surfaces using only high-pressure water. Special pumps produce the high pressure, creating a spray a hundred times more powerful than an average garden hose.
Benefits of Power Washing
The primary reason to pursue power washing is usually to remove stains and debris from surfaces to increase curb appeal and property value. However, the service also offers surprising health benefits:
- Power washing can improve your allergy symptoms: If you’re used to suffering from bouts of sneezing every time you step outside, there could be more at play here than just the trees and flowers on your property. There could also be mold and mildew growing under the deck or tree pollen clinging to the siding. These could be the sources of your allergies, which disappear completely after having your home or business power washed.
- Power washing doesn’t rely on chemicals to clean: Your sensitive nose could pick up on high chemical concentrations, even when applied outside. Fortunately, power washing uses nothing more than water to remove stains, dirt, mold and other debris. This is good news for your lungs, your pets and the environment. Since water is the lifeblood of the plants on your property, you can rest assured that runoff from power washing won’t hurt anything growing there.
- Power washing is affordable: It may not affect your physical health, but choosing an affordable cleaning option lowers your stress level, which is good for your mental health. Instead of panicking about how much power washing is going to cost, you can sit back and relax, leaving the job to professionals who are sure to leave you with a clean property you can be proud of.
How Often to Have Power Washing Performed
Think of power washing as a preventative measure to keep your property looking beautiful longer. The simple task of spraying down the deck, siding or sidewalk can restore it to its original condition and help you avoid expensive repairs and replacements.
Plan to have power washing performed at your property about once a year. Add it to your spring cleaning or fall maintaining checklist so you don’t forget. Here are the signs you need to have your home or business power washed:
- The roof has black streaks from aggressive algae that could damage the shingles.
- The siding is dull and dirty looking from soot or dirt.
- The driveway, deck or siding is soiled with mold and mildew.
- The sidewalk in front of your property is covered in bird droppings.
- Cobwebs have collected under the eaves.
- The gutters are overflowing with leaves, twigs and other debris.
From roofs to awnings, gutters to downspouts, decks to sidewalks, power washing can remove allergens, stains, and dirt from any exterior surface.
Article Source: https://www.groundsguys.com/blog/2015/september/health-benefits-of-power-washing/